• Diabetes is one of the worlds fastest-growing chronic diseases. Diabetes is a disease that occurs when the bodys glucose levels rise above the average level and the body is unable to produce insulin. Therefore, glucometers are used to monitor levels of glucose. The population of type 1 diabetes in Europe is rising as a result of a CAGR of 2.13%. As the diabetic population rises, it is also bound to boost the market for self-monitoring blood glucose devices.
• Other factors, such as technological innovations, convenience of regular monitoring of glucose over traditional monitoring, and early detection of hypo-and hyperglycemic diabetes, are the main drivers for market growth.
The report includes a comprehensive study on blood glucose self-monitoring that provides glucometer devices, blood glucose test strips, and lancets. The study is further divided into hospital use and home.
Key Market Trends
Germany Dominates the Market
• The growth in Europes blood glucose self-monitoring market is due to an increase in the population of diabetes in all age groups.
• In Germany, the self-monitoring Blood Glucose Market in 2018 was estimated at USD 688.99 million, indicating that Germany holds the highest market share in Europe at a respectable 36.84%.
• Complications related to diabetes occur mostly due to poor results in glucose control. It is expected that the market in Germany will show a 10.22 % CAGR, which is one of the highest among the other European countries.
• The meters are now portable and accurate to use as Glucometers technology has increased the market for self-blood glucose monitoring.
Test Strips is registering the highest market share in Europe Self-monitoring Blood Glucose Devices Market.
• The European regions countries have a high prevalence of diabetes. The number of people with diabetes has been steadily increasing, according to the UK government, and addressing it is essential for the NHS sustainable future. Diabetes can be a serious disease for those who have and treat it, and its complications cost the NHS nearly £ 10bn a year.
• The report on Impact Diabetes also suggests that the cost of treating complications of diabetes is expected to nearly double from the current total of £ 7.7 billion to £ 13.5 billion.
• Monitoring of blood glucose has now become critical for managing diabetes and also for knowing whether or not medication works.
• The market for self-glucose monitoring systems has increased more as people with diabetes need to test their glucose levels all day long. Mainly type 1 diabetics must and should check their blood glucose to take their insulin dosage at least three times a day. In seconds, the blood glucose meter displays results and records data.
• The revenue from the test strips consists of up to 85% share in the market for self-glucose monitoring.
• The market for Europes self-monitoring blood glucose devices is highly fragmented, with few major manufacturers having a global market presence, while the remaining manufacturers are confined to the other manufacturers locally or regionally specific.
• In the recent past, mergers and acquisitions between players helped companies strengthen their market presence. Panasonic acquired the diabetes care unit from Bayer and named it Ascensia diabetes care, which continued its operations worldwide.
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Executive Summary
1.3. The Scope of the Study
CHAPTER 2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Secondary Research
2.2. Primary Research
2.3. Analytic Tools and Model
2.4. Economic Indicator
2.4.1. Base Year, Base Currency, Forecasting Period
2.5. Expert Validation
2.6. Study Timeline
CHAPTER 3 MARKET ANALYSIS
3.1. Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2. Porters Five Force Analysis
3.2.1. Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.2.2. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.3. Threats of Substitutes
3.2.4. Threats of New Entrants
3.2.5. Degree of Competition
3.3. PESTLE Analysis
3.4. SWOT Analysis
3.5. Y-O-Y Analysis
CHAPTER 4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints & Challenges
4.3. Market Opportunities
4.4. Key Challenges
CHAPTER 5 EUROPE SELF-MONITORING BLOOD GLUCOSE DEVICES MARKET – BY
5.2. Glucometer Devices
5.3. Test Strips
CHAPTER 6 EUROPE SELF-MONITORING BLOOD GLUCOSE DEVICES MARKET – BY
6.2.1. Glucometer Devices
6.2.2. Test Strips
6.3.1. Glucometer Devices
6.3.2. Test Strips
CHAPTER 7 EUROPE SELF-MONITORING BLOOD GLUCOSE DEVICES MARKET – BY
CHAPTER 8 EUROPE SELF-MONITORING BLOOD GLUCOSE DEVICES MARKET - COMPANY
8.1. Abbott Diabetes Care
8.3. Johnson & Johnson
8.5. Ascensia Diabetes Care
8.6. Agamatrix Inc.
8.7. Bionime Corporation
CHAPTER 9 EUROPE SELF-MONITORING BLOOD GLUCOSE DEVICES MARKET – COMPETITIVE
9.1. Market Share Analysis
9.2. Strategies adopted by top companies
9.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Collaborations & Agreements
CHAPTER 10 MARKET INSIGHTS
10.1. Industry Experts Insights
10.2. Analysts Opinions
10.3. Investment Opportunities
CHAPTER 11 APPENDIX
11.1. List of Tables
11.2. List of Figures
Need More information
Why to choose PMR
PMR Market Research
Our syndicated research reports cover 50+ industry sectors offering you product and country wise breakup of the market along with niche data and insights that will help you make informed business decision. Our research is focused on the key segments of an industry that possess opportunities of growth.
- Industrial ...
- Business ....
- Consumer ....
- Peer ....
Planet Market Reports added Latest and detailed market study report that focuses on “Europe Self-Monitoring Blood Glucose Devices Market" Which offers essential information based on fresh ideas into Europe Self-Monitoring Blood Glucose Devices Market industry along with unique market analysis which covers current top Manufactures in Europe Self-Monitoring Blood Glucose Devices Market, growth, Consumption Demand, challenges, Historical data, subjects wise Survey of each chapters, Regional Insights, and Advancing industry trends, which will help our clients to aim Europe Self-Monitoring Blood Glucose Devices Market. In addition, the report helps the customers to get a brief idea about Future demand and specifications of products which ensures the driving long-term income and productivity of global market.